My quilting thoughts and inspirations sprinkled with a glimpse of life down on the farm

Saturday, August 29, 2026

A Rainy Day

Day 29 of my August blogpost a day challenge

It was a wet day today, perfect for stitch-and-chat day at The Country Yard.
I finished all my farm jobs promptly and got to sewing nice and early.
Haha very early; I was Raewyn-no-friends for a while (lucky I have my own key or I would have been sitting in the car park!)
I decided to get back to the LeMoyne stars which I had started in a mini sewalong at the start of the month.
I got one made - I'm not totally happy with the centre of it and will probably end up doing a bit of unpicking to improve it. 
Then I thought I'd better get thinking about the cushion Miss Lily has requested for Christmas. I've selected my main fabrics and hopefully the rest will flow from there - 
And then I got sidetracked with organising and talking about a new project, egged on by the others. A small cross-stitch motif a day.  What could be more straight forward!

Back home, the rain had steadily got heavier and, although still warm, it was definitely full scale wet-weather gear weather; one very soggy raincoat - 
All the outside calves had shelter - some ventured out for a graze- 
- others were not and had to be encouraged outside - 
Then straight back to the shed after their feed!
The cows were happy though, but you can see puddles forming in the paddocks. Fingers crossed they stay as puddles!

'til next time,
happy stitches,
Raewyn

3 comments:

  1. I've great catching up with your posts.
    Nice fabrics and pattern for Miss Lily's cushion . She'll love it.
    I'm sure you'll enjoy the daily cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know that they are a lot of serious work, but i do love your cows!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice you had some quite time in the shop before customer's came in

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate them all and try my best to reply. Have a great day!!
(If you are a no-reply or anonymous blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address.)