Day 18 of my August blogpost a day challenge
Again all the kids ran well.
Kokopu School is the smaller school; it is great fun for the kids - they run and cheer their friends on, and I'm sure they've all run at least 3 cross countries by the time the event is over.
Such a lovely setting for a school!
This is typical; sometimes you can't tell who is in the official race and who isn't! Xavier running with his two sisters and cousin Odie running alongside him, to encourage and cheer him on -
Dad and sisters waiting for Xavier to run around the paddock of the farm next door-This was the fun final race - adults vs senior children. Our son (in the black) was one of the four adults who ran-
And again, an energetic cheering party; his three kids making sure he lasts the distance - And accompanied by his kids, he's on the home straight and on his way to the wrapped chocolate as he passes the finish line -

Then I had a quick lunch at ED's and her and I went to her kids school for the next round of cross country.
Maungatapere is a bigger school and the kids were all kept under control while they waited for their turn to run-

I couldn't get a photo of George running (only a distant one that shows nothing) but I was pleased to see Lily run as she didn't (want to) run at the Taniwha Challenge last week. She said that when she saw her Mum and I cheering her on, she felt like a Panther on Roller blades!
And went on to have a fabulous sprint to the end! -So that was my day. It's quite exhausting watching the kids run!
'til next time,
happy stitches,
Raewyn
.jpg)






No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate them all and try my best to reply. Have a great day!!
(If you are a no-reply or anonymous blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address.)