My quilting thoughts and inspirations sprinkled with a glimpse of life down on the farm

Friday, August 7, 2026

Rainbow Scrap Challenge Blocks

(Day 7 of my blogpost a day August challenge)
When I've had a spare moment or bit of inspiration I've been trying to catch up on my Split 9-patch blocks for this year's Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks. (This is hosted by Angela over at soscrappy.)
Since I've mastered the web-piecing technique, I find these a lot of fun to sew up!
I enjoy rummaging through my scraps looking for the right coloured fabrics - it generally turns into another session of scrap taming and sorting and that is not a bad thing! Of course, once I sew them up I immediately think - oh that scrap doesn't belong....but such is the nature of scrap blocks/quilts.
April's colour was pink —
May was orange —
Pastel was the colour for June - I've missed this one out for now as I didn't really know what to do. When I decide which colour is needed later on, I'll sew it up then.
Aqua for July —
Yellow is August's colour which I haven't started on yet.

Taking scrappy sewing to the extreme, I'm not adverse to joining a couple of scraps to make a 2 ½" square - if that is all I have of a particularly cute fabric - but this one took the cake......I had joined two pieces to get the right size - but then mis-cut it when I went to trim it down. Not to be outdone, I decided to sew it up again and keep it as a wee memory of my stupidness!
Here's the family photo showing them all together —

'til next time.
happy stitches,
Raewyn

1 comment:

  1. Good afternoon--or at least it is afternoon here!!! Love all those nice pretty bright colored blocks--even your 'boo-boo" one is cute--hugs, di

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate them all and try my best to reply. Have a great day!!
(If you are a no-reply or anonymous blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address.)