Day 27 of my August blogpost a day challenge

I was going to be sensible and work through the instructions methodically, making 8 of this and 13 of that (and so on) but I'm starting to get itchy feet to see how the quilt will develop.
So this is the start of the top left corner -
So this is the start of the top left corner -
Below shows one at work (making better progress than me) and the pattern graphics -
- so you can see I have some interesting stitching coming up 🙂It was dehorning day on the farm today. The vet comes out to do this - all I had to do was make sure the calves were fed before 7am (4 hours before their anaesthetic!) and have them all in suitable pens.
All the Angus/beef calves are polled (they don't grow horns) so it was just the 33 dairy calves to be done.
They're knocked right out and also given a local anaesthetic. A pen full of snoring calves is quite cute -
The vet uses a little gas tool which cauterises and removes the horn buds -
A couple of hours later, they're starting to move around a bit. Stand up, sit down.











Wonderful blocks Raewyn, that is going to be a stunning quilt. The calves sure do looked knocked out! Great view from the calf shed.
ReplyDeleteSummertime is going to be gorgeous - coming together nicely. Must have been eerily quiet with them all asleep - or do they snore lol. xx
ReplyDeletewhat a beautiful pattern, yours is progressing. I like to rush ahead to see how things will develop too.
ReplyDeletepoor little sleepy babies, they look so cute.
lookiing forward to more of that interesting project!
ReplyDelete