My quilting thoughts and inspirations sprinkled with a glimpse of life down on the farm

Friday, August 28, 2026

Small Treasures

Day 8 of my August blogpost a day challenge

I thought it was time I had a proper look through this basket of Mum's -
Full of treasures - 
As I've said before, Mum was a keen embroiderer. She was fully involved in her guild, always taking workshops/classes (pupil and teacher). 
She went to every conference that she could and loved attending her guild's annual Winter Warmup retreat at Tui Ridge near Mt Ruapehu - and she seemed to love to collect the badges to proof it!!
She made a few of these cube pin cushions when she first started; I have a very well used  one (initial 'R'), and she had another one she used a lot too.
Other bits and pieces. I can't work out how the balls are made; as well as the embroidery elements, they are wound with fine thread - 
She made a few of these many moons ago too - 
Bargello - 
The workmanship on some of these is amazing - so many tiny stitches!!
This one has a wee lavendar sachet inside and now lives in a drawer -
Just a small amount of what she made over the years.

'til next time,
happy stitches,
Raewyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate them all and try my best to reply. Have a great day!!
(If you are a no-reply or anonymous blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address.)