My quilting thoughts and inspirations sprinkled with a glimpse of life down on the farm

Wednesday, August 5, 2026

The calfsheds are full

I knew this would happen - just as I planned a post about calving and all the farm goings-on, and explaining that we were right in the thick of it all ------ 
--------we had an ultra-busy day and it's just going to be a few words and a few photos----
Otherwise my month long commitment of a blogpost a day would fail on the fifth day!
Tonight I fed 8 mobs of calves (about 75 calves) in four different locations, which took me a while (that's a lot of milk to carry around!) —
(The calf with his mum, and with the bottle in the first couple of photos is the one second from the left in the above photos - 3 weeks later - he has GROWN!!!)

'til next time,
happy stitches,
Raewyn

8 comments:

  1. That's a lot of calves to feed but you've got the technique perfected after all these years. Hope you can sneak in some stitching time though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very busy time for you on the farm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so many calves to feed - you get so many!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll be kept busy for quite a while. No time to sit and think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we understand raewyn...love your posts whenever they come...cute little calves

    ReplyDelete
  6. I though it must be calf time again! It comes around so quickly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Busy times ahead, those calves certainly grow quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate them all and try my best to reply. Have a great day!!
(If you are a no-reply or anonymous blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address.)