After a relentless few days on the farm, I was glad of the chance to shut myself in The Palace yesterday. I got two hours of uninterrupted sewing time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My focus was to get a side border for Memory Lane done. You may remember, in my last post, that I have done both top and bottom borders and I still needed to plan how to do the sides.
The top and bottom are based on 2" (finished size) squares. That was what I was wanting to do for the sides too, but my stitcheries were going to be too small. That is because I've gone rogue - the original quilt has them trimmed to 3½" (I think) whereas mine needed to be 4½".
I had came up with an idea that I thought might work and had done my cutting.
Yesterday's sewing —
I'm loving how it's coming together and will be excited to sew the last border and get it all joined up!
We have some wet and wild weather forecast for the next few days (much of the country does) so I took some quick photos of our Magnolia tree in case it loses all its blooms. The blossoms are not quite open yet but you can see they are a lovely colour when they are.
And another 20 calves have ventured out of the calf shed to new premises. These ones are in a shed which I have to access via the road. Not quite as convenient but it is cosy and they do have a nice view looking out towards our daughter-in-law's photography studio. The kids can also easily visit them on their way to and from school.
'til next time,