A quilt that took my eye last year was the Marmalade quilt which was a covergirl on the Australian Quilters Companion magazine.
(I think it might have got its name from it's marmalade coloured border?)
I thought it would be a fun scrappy quilt to make; one that could slowly evolve in the background.
In the evenings in the early part of winter I hand stitched all the Pentagon flower blocks and appliqued them to their backgrounds -




And recently I've started making the triangle blocks -

Today I 'cornered 'the pentagon blocks and then laid a few blocks out to see how they were shaping up -
It's going to be a bit brighter than some of my work but I think it will work out. My other projects lately have been reasonably controlled colour-wise so this might take a bit to get used to!!
Anyway, it can continue in the background as my leader-ender project.And another silly animal photo - most speckled snout of the season award goes to #33 -
'til next time,
happy stitches,
Raewyn



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate them all and try my best to reply. Have a great day!!
(If you are a no-reply or anonymous blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address.)