Lindlee makes/designs fabulous star quilts, a lot of them Lone Star style. This event focussed on five different ways to make LeMoyne Stars.
Four other designers joined Lindlee, each with a different technique for making the LeMoyne Star. As the week progressed, each one shared a video of their technique.
Of course I needed another project like a hole in the head, but I thought it would be fun to follow and sew along. I rummaged through my stash and found some suitable fabrics and then I got sewing.
Day One's tutorial by Lindlee featured the star sewn traditionally with Y-seams —
(The sun came out just as I went outside to photograph so the colours are very washed out. The background fabric is darker than it appears.)
Day Two's star was made by Foundation Paper Piecing. (Tutorial by Lisa Taylor Handmade) I'm quite pleased that I didn't have enough of my first choice of fabric (after already starting the cutting) and had to add in another one—
Day Three's featured Curves. This tutorial was by Erin of Mija Handmade.
I was quite scared by this one but it actually worked out okay!
Group photo —
There are two more blocks to make. I've started the hand applique one. The final one is EPP with a difference and I haven't sussed it out yet.
A quick photo which amused me. I received a late birthday present and Tammy was quite taken with the wrapping paper!
'til next time,
happy stitches,
Raewyn








Wonderful blocks Raewyn, do you have a favourite? Lovely photo of Tammy.
ReplyDelete