My quilting thoughts and inspirations sprinkled with a glimpse of life down on the farm

Sunday, August 9, 2026

A splash of yellow —

— on a wet day.
From frosts to rain. We had a soggy day today, so once the animals were all fed and happy, I spent a day in The Palace. 
On a Sunday I ignore the bookwork/office duties so I had some of extra sewing time.
First of all I tackled a wee job that has been waiting...converting several of Olive's bassinet sheets into a cot sheet!
I'd cut up a length of poplin to make the bassinet sheets, and now it is one piece again!!

Then, under the supervision of two cats —
I made the August Rainbow Scrap Challenge block. 
(Whoops, swapped out the sunflower print)
I was amazed at how long it took me to find enough yellows for the block!

It was still raining this afternoon when the afternoon calf feeding marathon began again. Yesterday I (and Odie) started feeding the oldest 20 with the bike feeder out in the paddock —
They spent all day in their shed but braved the weather to wait for their dinner —
And once fed, they all disappeared back into the shed!

'til next time,
happy stitches,
Raewyn

1 comment:

  1. You are doing a good job of posting every day, I'm impressed! Spring is coming 'down under', soon there will be lots of blooms and joy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate them all and try my best to reply. Have a great day!!
(If you are a no-reply or anonymous blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address.)