My quilting thoughts and inspirations sprinkled with a glimpse of life down on the farm

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I have succumbed!

I'm not quite sure how it came about (!!) but I have signed up for the One Flower Wednesday!
It's so exciting! All I need to do is make one hexie flower every Wednesday and show it. By the end of - whenever- I will have enough for a real garden, rather than a window box, and we will all marvel at the quilt that started off as a One Flower Wednesday 'challenge'.
I have decided to make my hexie flowers the same way I am doing my klosjes, English Paper Piecing using the Sewline Glue Pen and light card, with the sides 1 inch long.
I had thoughts of using this as a chance to build on my long-standing EPP UFO project (below) but I now think I will keep these two projects separate.
 
So here's this week's bloom. Sweet and cheerful, I hope, for a lovely sunny day.

26 comments:

Leeanne said...

Oh dear!!I wondered how long it would take!
Cute as pie.

Joan said...

Oh thats lovely - your garden will look great !

Karen said...

Beautiful hexie flower and I'm liking your other EPP project too. Looking forward to seeing more of both.

Angelika said...

Lovely flower :-) I´ll be back to see more of your lovely projects !

marion said...

The colour is great, nice hexie.

Maria said...

I just love your lovely flowers. Gorgeous colours

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love your hexies...

GRANNY'S HOUSE said...

What a lovely flower, I also felt like a block for the flowers.

Marieke said...

Beautiful flower you've made! And I also love the way you make your klosjes! Great how everyone makes these things in his onw way.

Saskia said...

Cute flower, hope there will be more soon. And maybe the EPP ufo project wil get a kick start because of the flowers.

Mascha said...

Beautiful flower

Tineke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cybele's patch said...

Lovely flowers. Your EPP UFO projects looks intriguing. Love that!
Jossie

Tineke said...

Nice that you joined the club. Your flower is beautiful

Bye for now,
Tineke

Theresa said...

I like your existing project very and your flower is lovely.

Marion said...

Welcome to the club! I like your flower!

Fiesta said...

Fabulous flowers!

merumo said...

Welcome to the flower garden! I like your flower in retro colors...

Sue said...

Oh I love your flower! So glad you joined us:)

Vickie said...

Your flower is beautiful! One day, we'll all have stunning quilts!

Sheila said...

Welcome this very large garden party , your flower is so very pretty , look forward to watching your garden grow .

pajudie said...

How pretty - isn't it fun???
Judie

Yvette said...

Very cute!!!

I am trying not to fall into this but I am getting weak. LOL!

Oma said...

I love your color choices and the "stars."

Carrie P. said...

Welcome, and your flower is really sweet. I am using the paper too.

Gerda Hartman said...

Lovely flower. Welcome to the club.