I've started on the next border... these little ones are 3 1/4 inch finished. Took me a bit to get them right as the size I wanted them meant I was using a trapezoid rather than a square for the spools - in other words, a few teething problems, reverse sewing and a few pieces of graph paper! However I am happy with them now, so here's a peek at them—
I mentioned 'distractions' at the beginning of this post. ED is home for a bit as she has a break between semesters. A while ago a friend, who was moving to Australia, gave me his coffee machine!! It used to sit in the corner of his blacksmithing shed and our routine was to have a delicious coffee before we began shoeing the horses (and often one when we had finished too!). I used to rave that his coffee was the best I'd ever tasted so he thought of me when he was preparing to leave and cleaning out his shed. I soon discovered it was the maker, not the machine, that makes the good coffee, so the machine has sat on the bench largely untouched since it arrived here. This is a shot of the corner of the kitchen after ED had a play yesterday.....As you can see, lots of experimenting and little drinking of the results!! We WILL get it right...one day!!
happy sewing everyone.