After what seems like forever, I have finally finished my Eeyore quilt. George gave it a little test ride yesterday and approved heartily ♥
This quilt started as a Foundation Paper Pieced Eeyore from Fandom Stitches. I enlarged the pattern to a little over 12" —
— and had fun building it up to about 39" x 48"
(Although the background colour is actually a light cream, not white, the photo shows the other colours off best.)
I used Karen's tutorial (found *here*) to make the flanged binding. In this method, the flange is part of the binding.I'm not a huge fan of machine sewn binding but this turned out fairly well so maybe it's just a matter of practise!!
You may notice in the first photo above that George is wearing a new cardigan. ED realised she didn't have many small sized cardies for outings so requested a neutral coloured one which either baby could wear.
I hunted out an easy knit pattern and found this one called Carousel. It's knitted from the top down and all in one piece. It went together really quickly.
|Modelled by Lily....|
While I'm showing baby knitting you may remember the vests I made a few months back. When the babies visited yesterday they were wearing them :-) Nice to see them being used. And the buttons at the side made them easy to remove when the babies were sleeping and heating up!
And in other news —
Here are the last two blocks of the Zookeeper's Blanket - a Seal and a Red Panda. Yaay!!
And I've started a new stitchery; this will be a sample for work (The Country Yard) and is also a scary reminder that Christmas is on its way!!OMG (linking with Patty of Elm St Quilts).
This is where I'm at with it so far —
|Basted, that's all....|
Thank you for visiting, I hope your weekend is going well and you've managed a bit of creative time,