I've been really disciplined this week and am pleased to announce that I now have a flimsy :-)
I really didn't know if this border was going to work or not — after I sewed it on and pinned it up on the wall, I didn't (couldn't!) look at it for about 5 minutes. I hoped I would get a 'yes' moment when I finally did look at the full top - phew, I am happy with it...and pleased it is done, it was a really fun project to do. I'd love to get straight into the quilting but there are a few other projects I really need to get on with first....sigh!
This was the last round for our Tuesday Medallion Mystery (that I'm doing with The Country Yard), There were, of course, several rules for it, I think I've met them! I went for this foundation pieced border.....
|The borders were quite a size!|
|Silly shot of the day, dancing borders.|
|Adjustments needed - off with the 1" border from the last round, and on with a|
wider border - not sure if that's legal or not, but it's done now!
|Foundation pieces all joined and edge stitched. I took the papers out, up to an inch|
from the curved edge - to maintain stability of the biased edges.
(Time to vacuum the floor!!)
|Sewing on a bias strip which will act as piping. Flip the bias strip to the back and|
press and baste in place.
|Lie the top on the floor, check it's square and pin it down.|
(At this stage I thought it looked quite ok like it was and wondered why I needed
the last border!)
|Lie the last border on top (which was joined like a picture frame, I forgot to take|
a photo of that stage).
Measure, adjust, pin, re-measure, re-adjust, re-pin (and so on) until it's all square
and sitting straight.
|Stitch in the ditch of piping to attach last border to quilt top.|
|Completed top, another one to add to the quilting pile :-)|
For now I need to get the vacuum cleaner out as my Palace floor is a bit of a mess... a bit of other housework wouldn't go amiss either...!
Thank you for visiting,