This had been planned for a while - finding a weekend that suited us all was not easy. In the end we were able to take advantage of a long holiday weekend - I had 3 nights there and my friends had four.
It was just lovely - being able to sew all day and chat and laugh to our hearts' content was just wonderful.
We took turns with the meals so that was not arduous. It was all delicious and would you believe it, this is the only food photo I took!
So what did I take and what did I do?
I took a few easy to pick up and put down projects; ones I didn't have to think too much about.
I hadn't done anything further with the Scrappy Trip around the World project I started at Scrub Stitching in April, so that was an easy thing to pack.
I made a couple more blocks —
And I was itching to finish the last few blocks needed for my Four-patch fun. It's been a leader-ender project since last July (ish)..... I got to the 'impatient to make those last few blocks stage'. They had lost their leader-ender status and became hard out sewing. The cutting was already done and these didn't take long to put together —
Now I look forward to sewing all 144 blocks together (one day!).
My main goal for the weekend was to finish making my "On Williams Street" blocks. I've had them in the pipeline for about 3 years, and pull out the box from time to time. The fun part of this project is that each block is quilted in a different way, Quilt As You Go style...however I was determined to make ALL the blocks before I started looking at the quilting instructions.

They're quite cool blocks, a little time consuming to make, but there seems to be plenty of space for varied and imaginative quilting designs.
Finally they are all done so I can think about the next stage.

All too soon it was time to pack up and head for home. Roll on the next one!
'til next time,
happy stitches,
Raewyn





So good you got to have some lovely me time with like minded friends.
ReplyDeleteGood progress with the Round the World project and four patch one.
The On William Street blocks look really great .
That was me .M.
ReplyDelete