Day 28 of my August blogpost a day challenge
I thought it was time I had a proper look through this basket of Mum's -
Full of treasures -
As I've said before, Mum was a keen embroiderer. She was fully involved in her guild, always taking workshops/classes (pupil and teacher).
She went to every conference that she could and loved attending her guild's annual Winter Warmup retreat at Tui Ridge near Mt Ruapehu - and she seemed to love to collect the badges to proof it!!
She made a few of these cube pin cushions when she first started; I have a very well used one (initial 'R'), and she had another one she used a lot too.
Other bits and pieces. I can't work out how the balls are made; as well as the embroidery elements, they are wound with fine thread -
She made a few of these many moons ago too -
Bargello -
The workmanship on some of these is amazing - so many tiny stitches!!
This one has a wee lavendar sachet inside and now lives in a drawer -
Just a small amount of what she made over the years.
'til next time,
happy stitches,
Raewyn
Your mother is very talented! These are lovely items to pass onto your granddaughters someday.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous treasures!
ReplyDeleteSuch treasures. I can see where your creative gene comes from.
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful creative stitching you have in that basket, all wonderful memories of your Mum.
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful little pieces these are. Thanks for the show and tell Raewyn.
ReplyDeleteLovely to have these beautiful things your Mum made, she certainly was a very clever embroiderer.
ReplyDeletewhat a talented lady. The apple didn't fall far from the tree.
ReplyDeleteGoodness, such beautiful work, she was very talented. Some of her beautiful work reminds me of things I made for City and Guild embroidery many, many years ago! I look at them now and wonder how I did it lol xx
ReplyDeleteSo many beautiful treasure of your Mum's . She was a very talented lady.
ReplyDeleteA real basket full of treasures!
ReplyDelete