I can't believe that I haven't blogged since June - and here we are in August already.
I actually started writing this post late in June but, obviously, I didn't get any further than a few introductory words.
I can happily announce that the quilt is finished and delivered so now I can show it in its entirety.
I was inspired to add lots of little personalised bits in the quilt. I chose the dog for the two they have, and which Olive is fascinated by. The design is from a BOM, Wag Tales, by Suzy Sitcom.
A touch of Hawaii (applique design from EQ8) —
A touch of Japan, where her parents had been living; haha if you cant find it, it's the cherry blossom used for the dog's bow!
And of course there's a little bit of New Zealand in there too, with the kiwiana fabric I used on the final border —
And I backed it with fabric from one of Mum's nighties (or nightgown, as she would say). There was nearly enough to back the quilt. I had to join a piece of white on but I put the label on top of it and no one is any wiser —
While customised, I kept the quilting fairly simple and overall I was pleased with the result —
Naturally there needs to be a photo of the quilt with the baby —
I'm going to finish off here as I have plenty more news and this will just go on and on if I don't stop now.
I'm thinking of trying a post a day throughout August---hmmm---that should get me all caught up!?
'til then,
happy stitches,
Raewyn








The best quilts are those that really mean something.
ReplyDeletesuch a special quilt for an adorable little...oh has she grown! love your posts whenever they appear!
ReplyDeleteLovely quilt for a cute baby! Good luck trying to blog every day in August!
ReplyDeleteIs that a challenge to do a post a day for August? I often think about that.
ReplyDeleteA very thoughtful and personalised finish. A post every day.....?
ReplyDeleteIt turned out so cute and has so many personalized highlights. Looks like she’s already enjoying it.
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous quilt (and baby).
ReplyDeleteThat certainly is a very special baby quilt you have made for Olive, with all those extra touches. I love that you have backed the quilt with her great grandmother's nightie!
ReplyDeletewhat a special quilt! love the doggy appliqued.
ReplyDeleteYour baby girl seem s to be enjoying her new quilt too.
A special quilt for a very special little person ... both gorgeous xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful quilt Raewyn, love all the special touches.
ReplyDeleteHi Raewyn, what a lovely personalised quilt! It's gorgeous 😍
ReplyDeleteThat is a lovely finish. Great that you have been able to include so much relating all the places that are relevant to the family.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous little one, as well!!
It's gorgeous Raewyn, great finish and lots of lovely personal details. xx
ReplyDeleteOlive's quilt is lovely, great to have used fabrics with so many memories.
ReplyDeleteThe best photo is the one of Olive on her quilt.