Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2026

Marmalade

Day 23 of my blogpost a day August challenge

A quilt that took my eye last year was the Marmalade quilt which was a covergirl on the Australian Quilters Companion magazine.
(I think it might have got its name from it's marmalade coloured border?)
I thought it would be a fun scrappy quilt to make; one that could slowly evolve in the background.
In the evenings  in the early part of winter I hand stitched all the Pentagon flower blocks and appliqued them to their backgrounds -
And recently I've started making the triangle blocks
Today I 'cornered 'the pentagon blocks and then laid a few blocks out to see how they were shaping up - 
It's going to be a bit brighter than some of my work but I think it will work out. My other projects lately have been reasonably controlled colour-wise so this might take a bit to get used to!!
Anyway, it can continue in the background as my leader-ender project.

And another silly animal photo - most speckled snout of the season award goes to #33 - 

'til next time,
happy stitches,
Raewyn

11 comments:

  1. What a lovely quilt to be working on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a very pretty project just right for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love me a speckled snout---how cute!!! Your quilt will be a bright one for sure--it is hard for me to make a quilt that has so many different fabrics--but I too and learning that not all quilts need to made in the fabric line or color palette--so you go girl!!!
    hugs, di

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks like a nice block to make stitching in the winter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Marmalade looks like it's going to be bright and beautiful Cute nose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way Marmalade is coming together.
    Great way to use a lot of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello #33!! You gave me a smile! I like Marmalade too, great project for when you have time, I love the bright colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The flower blocks are intersting - this is going to be a fun scrappy quilt. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun leader and ender project.
    #33 is cute with it's spotty nose.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate them all and try my best to reply. Have a great day!!
(If you are a no-reply or anonymous blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address.)